Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
FaramirsQuality
Council Member
Send Message
Post Poll: Favorite Male Voice/Accent
on: February 22, 2004 11:46
"search" didn't turn up anything on voices and accents in the forum, so here goes, if it's a duplicate thread I apologize, but I DID look first!

I just love Boromir's/Sean Bean's voice and accent. I could listen to him talk and talk. "they took the lit-tul ones" Love it!

Also Pippin/Billy Boyd....that Scottish accent ahhhh.

And Faramir/David Wenham....strong and authoritative and at other times soft.

While I like the diversity of the accents of Middle Earth, I thougt it was a bit odd that Eowyn had a soft sort of English accent while Eomer had less of an accent. Or is it just me?

[Edited on 9/15/2004 by Diva]
Boromir
10% (3)
Faramir
11% (3)
Aragorn
17% (5)
Gandalf
4% (1)
Saruman
5% (1)
Eomer
4% (1)
Theoden
2% (8)
Legolas
13% (4)
Gimli
2% (5)
other
31% (1)
Lady_Elessar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Poll: Favorite Male Voice/Accent
on: February 22, 2004 11:50
I voted for Eomer. I love his accent, both as the character and as regular Karl. It's quite strong and authoritative, and somehow makes me feel safe in his presence. He's a scary dude to meet just after a battle or something (did you see his scary yelling face at Pelennor?), but I feel he would protect me nonetheless.

I also love Haldir/Craig's accent(s). He has a lovely voice.

And Billy's Scottish accent is just precious!

And John Noble's accent is gorgeous out of character. And as Denethor... the authority in that voice... *drool*
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 12:46
One of my favorite voices in lotr is that of Elrond's. He has a lot of authority, but there's a certain amused tweak in it, like when he says "even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not!" I have to admit that I love the Scottish accent of Billy, though.

~Sil
Eyebrows_of_doom
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 12:55
As a fellow Yorkshire native, I love listening to Sean Bean's accent. Most of the time during FotR he speaks in standard 'movie' English (i.e. not regionalised), but there are points in the films where he slips into Yorkshire. I love it when he talks to Aragorn in Lorien about the fate of Gondor...he sounds like a proper northen lad!

Hugo Weaving's voice is also fabulous...both on and off screen. Same for Karl Uben and Craig Parker (gotta love those kiwi accents!)
DarkwingedDragon
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 02:13
Sorry guys, referring you back to my previous saying.

I love Billy Boyd's accent, have a fetish for Scots. It is s real problem considering I tend to see a lot of them during the summer at work...:love::love::love::love:
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 03:16
I chose Gandalf's, because it's so powerful and well just downright grand and theatrical.

having said that, Aragorn's (Viggo's) voice makes me shiver (in a good way) and Legolas' (Orli's) is soft and sexy enough to melt steel. I could never choose which of those two I like better. And we can't forget Pip's (Billy's) delicious wee accent.
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 06:22
I chose Gandalf's, because it's so powerful and well just downright grand and theatrical.

having said that, Aragorn's (Viggo's) voice makes me shiver (in a good way) and Legolas' (Orli's) is soft and sexy enough to melt steel. I could never choose which of those two I like better. And we can't forget Pip's (Billy's) delicious wee accent.

yes yes yes yes yes!! couldn't have said it better! wheee... i like exclamation marks..
but i voted theoden... something about bernard hill's (right..?) voice is so.. theoden...
Manephelien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 07:54

Viggo's voice makes me shiver just listening to audio interviews. He has the perfect bedroom voice IMO.

My faves are Aragorn, Pippin (I have a Scots accent fetish too) and Elrond.

Edited to add: And how could I forget Christopher Lee! Well, probably because he wasn't in RotK... He has a lovely voice.

[Edited on 23/2/2004 by Manephelien]
Precious!
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 09:49
All of you Billy Boyd voice fans might want to check out the interviews section of his newly updated website. You can listen to many very long interviews there. billyboyd.net
Lady_Niwellyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 11:37
I voted for my favourite, Faramir. That voice sends shivers down my spine...

I also love Billy Boyds scottish accent, it is very cute.
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 12:19
Though I adore Billy Boyd's and Sean Bean's real life voices and accents, and I just melt into a puddle when I hear Christopher Lee - I voted for Éomer.

He doesn't say too much, but he has this really low and earthy voice, and a slight accent.
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 12:32
Nobody beats Elrond when it comes to speaking Elvish! He's got the ideal accent for that language...his daughter speaks it quite too breathily, if you know what I mean.

Boromir also have a really great voice and accent--it's the sort you cannot just stop and listen to. :blush:

And what kind of Legolas fan would I be if I did not also say that he has a lovely tone? Very fitting for a young wood elf with a nice-guy personality. :love:
ElvenWytch
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 11:11
Boromir!
Man, Sean Bean's voice gives me chills. I love his accent and he has the greatest Shakespearean voice. All that stage acting pays off. :drool: :drool: Talk about puddle city...

I also like Elrond's voice. Hugo Weaving has a wonderful deep, rich voice.
Faramir is cool too. David Wenham's accent is brilliant. "I will do what I ken."
Ellla_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 12:07
Pippin has the best accent around, the whole Scottish thing does me in!:love::drool::blush:
Ellla_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 06:47
Gotta admit that Billy's accent is precious. The Hot Scot is my fave celeb, inside and out!!:love::love::love::love:
Astin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 02:02
As much as I love Faramir, I had to vote for Aragorn because of the elvish influence in his speaking. I love how there is the slightest hint of an Irish accent in his voice.

I love the way Faramir says the words Ithilien, Osgiliath, Minas Morgul and Morgul Vale...aaah...

I love David Wenham's voice! It is so articulate...he sounds so hot in interviews!!!!!!!!!!!
Manephelien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 08:17
As much as I love Faramir, I had to vote for Aragorn because of the elvish influence in his speaking. I love how there is the slightest hint of an Irish accent in his voice.

As Aragorn, yes. Check out the Hidalgo trailer and you'll hear him speaking in a nasal twang!
Precious!
Goldsand
Mystic of Ithilien
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 08:50
And Faramir/David Wenham....strong and authoritative and at other times soft.

Exactly the reason why I voted for him, although it was very difficult to choose just one! I also love the voices of Éomer, Boromir, Théoden, Gandalf, Legolas, and Pippin's delightful Scottish accent ... they're all great in their own unique way!

[Edited on 2/25/2004 by Merenwen~Goldsand]
Lady_Anie
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 11:24
I think Billy's accent is quite nice, I love the way he says "Hobbits" lol.
tar_hazelton
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 03:35
I love Sean Bean's accent, though he seemed to tone it down a bit for Boromir.

Christopher Lee has the best voice. The villian usually does.
thranduilmirkwoodking
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 10:27
Hmmmm.....man this is a tough choice. I think though i'd have to say it's a tie between Elrond and Eomer. Both of them have very authoritive voices that send shivers up my spine.

Elrond's has a slightly amused tweak to it like when he says 'Our list of allies grows thin.' I don't think that's an amusing part but maybe in a gallow's sort of way.

Eomer's voice is deep fitting for a Marshal of the Mark and future King.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 10:56
Thranduil, I totally agree with you. Hugo does have a particular tweak to his voice that's quite amusing to listen to. A similar tweak happens when he says "even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not!" Just thought I'd say that.

~Sil
B_Baggins111
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 11:51
Billy Boyd's Accent is awesome!!! I love it!!!:love:
Miranda Otto's Accent was very nice. And I like Liv Tyler accent too.
Isafjordur
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 12:14
I voted Other.

I liked Sam's accent the best. I know it was not beautiful or glamorous, but it was very cute and had lots of character to it.
legolas_fan_forever
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 01:19
Oooo tough question! I LOVED Pippin's accent!!! I also liked Merry's, Legolas', Faramir's, and Aragorn's too!
Pippin_lover
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 10:28
I voted other 4 Merry and Pippin:drool::blush:
Pads
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 10:53
I have to put Billy Boyd/Pippin as my fav. I just adore scottish accent. I almost got myself into a stupid situation at the beginning of last term when I discovered that one of my teachers was scottish and had about the same accent as Billy!

I also love Aragorn's voice though. Veeeeery sexy. And beautiful.
blueeyesscareme
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 07:36
i like viggos voice i think it matches aragorn purfectly. it is how i imaged aragorn to talk like he is a class A actor. I also like sean beans voice but i have likes sean bean since sharpe and i was really exicted when i found out he was in lotr. The actor with the worst voice is elijah i think he sounds like a girl but then that might be what he was doing for as hobbits are little creatures anf dont have powerful voices, or he just talks like that. moi xxxxxxxx:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heartxxxxxxx:love:

*little2 edit* removed some x's because it was stretching out the thread.

[Edited on 3/4/2004 by iLikeLOTRaLittle2much]
aragorn_dumps_eowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 07:07
Roheryn- sexy enough to melt metal? thats a good 1! Aragorns voice is fit! Can a voice be fit? Who cares- his is! :love:
:evil: sexy devil! Even Viggos son is older than me! :drool:I have been drooling too much- my bodily fluids are running dry!:love::heart::blush:
LadyOfGondor85
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 10:53
omg I have several favs for this one...ok,here we go!:

David Wenham/Faramir: Just perfect and sexy, makes me want to melt:drool:

Sean Bean/Boromir: Pretty much the same way I feel about David's voice :drool:

Viggo/Aragorn: See last two...lol :drool:

Hugo Weaving/Elrond: Like the others, incredibly sexy, and his voice is just so mysterious..yum :drool:
CeruleanMosaic
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2004 04:34
Does anyone know of any voice files for the actors that can be downloaded? I'd love some of Craig (haven't heard him other than dear Haldir:love: ) and Orlando. Hugo too
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2004 05:05
Roheryn- sexy enough to melt metal? thats a good 1! Aragorns voice is fit! Can a voice be fit? Who cares- his is! :love:
:evil: sexy devil! Even Viggos son is older than me! :drool:I have been drooling too much- my bodily fluids are running dry!:love::heart::blush:

viggo's hot... and just to connect this to the thread, i love his voice... wonderful voice actor, the elvish accent and the Hidalgo twang... :drool::drool::drool:

[Edited on 2/5/2004 by glory2glorfindel]
Pip_and_Leggy_fan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 05:34
Billy Boyd's Scottish accent is very hot! :drool: I could listen to him talk forever.:blush: I love the way he says 'birthday'. It's too cute! It's too bad he's too old for me. :cry:
i_luv_orlando_b
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 10:23
I voted for Leggie's voice...I love Frodo's and Pippins voices too..(in real life Orli's, Elijah's, Billy's):love::love::love:
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2004 02:46
I'm a Legolas worshipper, so I obviously voted Legs! Teehee!
~Nev~
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email